This year’s Lincoln Highway Association Conference will be held June 18 – 21, 2019 in Rock Springs, WY. We want to acknowledge Sweetwater County Travel & Tourism’s co-sponsorship and generous grant. Please check out their website at:
The host hotel for the Conference is the Holiday Inn in Rock Springs, which is conveniently located just off the 2nd generation alignment of the Lincoln Highway and I-80. The Welcome Dinner, the Awards Banquet, and the Book and Display Room will all be at the Holiday Inn. Check out the Lodging page on this website. The Annual Membership Meeting and Presentations Day will be held at the Western Wyoming Community College Theatre. East and West Tours are conducted by charter buses. Much more detail and pages will be added to this website over the coming weeks. Be sure to check back – thanks.
Here’s a link to download a PDF of the Conference registration form:
LHA 2019 Registration new
Conference Schedule Preview:
Tuesday, June 18, 2019:
● Conference registration will run in the Holiday Inn lobby from noon to 5:00 pm
● Hotel registration is available starting at 3:00 pm
● Book and Display Room set-up will start at noon
● Board of Directors’ Meeting will start at 2:00 pm
● Book and Display Room will be open from 4:00 – 5:00 pm
● Welcome Dinner cash bar starts at 5:15 pm
● Welcome Dinner introductions and speakers start at 6:00 pm
● Welcome Dinner meal starts at 7:00 pm
● Book and Display Room will be open 8:00 – 10:00 pm
Wednesday, June 19, 2019:
East Tour – go to the Tours web page for details:
● The tour buses will load up outside the Holiday Inn at 7:30 am, and then depart for Fort Steele at 8:00 am. Lunch, snacks and drinks will be provided.
● Dinner on your own, and the Rock Springs Historical Museum will open for us this evening – they are located at 201 B St, Rock Springs, WY 82901. Restaurant information will be added to this website
Thursday, June 20, 2019:
This year’s Annual Membership Meeting and Presentations Day will be held at the Western Wyoming Community College (WWCC) Theatre. You will need to drive on your own to 2500 College St, Rock Springs, WY 82901. A car-pooling sign-up sheet will be available at the Conference registration.
● The Annual Membership Meeting will run from 8:00 – 9:30 am.
● The rest of the day through 4:30 pm will feature our Presentations Day. Check the Presentations Day web page for more information on the speakers and their topics.
A buffet lunch with a grille station is available for all Conference attendees at Mitchell’s Dining Hall near the Theatre.
Presentation Day is open to students and the public for free.
Lunch is provided for Conference attendees, otherwise lunch can be purchased at the College T-Rex Grill in the Atrium
● Return to the Holiday Inn for cash bar and Awards Banquet.
● Cash bar will be open at 5:30 pm, and the Awards Banquet dinner will be at 6:30 pm.
● The Books and Display Room will be open that night.
Friday, June 21, 2019:
West Tour – go to the Tours web page for details:
● The tour buses will load up outside the Holiday Inn starting at 7:30 am, and then will depart for Evanston at 8 am.
● That evening features a drive on your own option to Green River 5:30 – 7:30 pm. The Sweetwater County Historical Museum will be open for us till 7:30 pm. They are located at 3 E Flaming Gorge Way, Green River, WY 82935. We will then meet for dinner at the Hitching Post, 7:30 pm – they are located at 580 E Flaming Gorge Way, Green River, WY 82935. Their website with menu can be found here: https://hitchingpostgr.com/